- American Heart Association:Â www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/PhysicalActivity/Physical-Activity_UCM_001080_SubHomePage.js
- President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition: Ideas and resources: www.fitness.gov
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/
- National Center on Health, Physical Activity, and Disability: http://www.ncpad.org/content/9/Exercise~and~Fitness
- Davis, M., Eshelman, E. R., McKay, M. (2008). The relaxation and stress reduction workbook. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications. Chapter 20, pages 329â€“353 provides information about different types of exercise, dealing with barriers to exercise, making your own plan, and online resources.
- Sharfarman, S. (1997). Awareness heals: The Feldenkrais Method for dynamic health. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley. Contains gentle awareness through movement exercises for flexibility, easier movement, and pain reduction.
- Ratey, John. J. (2008). Spark: The revolutionary new science of exercise and the brain. New York, NY: Little, Brown and Company
- Reynolds, Gretchen. (2012). The first 20 minutes: Surprising science reveals how we can exercise better, train smarter, live longer. New York, NY: Hudson Street Books.
- Broad, William. J. (2012): The Science of Yoga: The risks and the rewards. New York, NY: Simon and Shuster.